1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Egger Pullet-CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SloCrevs, Apr 9, 2009.

1. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    I have a 4 week old Easter Egger pullet for sale in San Luis Obispo, CA. She is from Ideal Poultry. At first I thought she was an Golden Campine, but after everyone's feedback, I guess she's an EE. I'm pretty sure she's a girl, and I'm asking $10 for her. Thanks!

-Sarah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: An EE, not a Golden Campine

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. chick-a-bone2

chick-a-bone2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Unfortunately you're too far away for me (I'm down in Vista) but here's a free bump because I know how frustrated I was when I tried to adopt out some of my chickens a few weeks ago and no one responded.

3. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Thanks chick-a-bone2. I've got lots more girls, and we're deciding which ones to keep. We know she is not going to be one, so I figured I'd put her up early.

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Very pretty bird, she looks a lot alike one of my E.E bantams. E.E's don't really have a standard color type so it is very well that she is just Campine color type. Real Campines are supposed to blue shanks, white ears and single combs, and your bird appears to have a pea comb, but I can't be sure by the picture. She also looks to have red ears. As for the lack of beard for the best of my knowledge not all E.Es have them, or at least some of mine don't. Just figured I would say something if that was the reason you were getting rid of the bird. However if she just has a bad temperment, or you just don't want to keep her for whatever reason wish you luck on finding her a good home. Maybe putting her in an add in a local paper will help if you don't get any hits here, most hens seem to go.

5. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Yeah, I've put her up on the local craigslist, etc. I've had EEs before, and I know that one of the pullets I got was an EE for sure, but the other two(this is one) are much, much, different. She's also much bigger than the EE, although she's bigger than the cochins, and they're just slow-maturing birds.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:That's an Ideal Easter Egger! No doubt about it. And the jury is still out on gender... those are some pretty big green legs!

7. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Thanks guys, I changed it to say EE, I agree with you. The coloring and lack of poofy cheeks just really through me off.

8. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I think your chick is a buttercup - not an EE.

This page has a photo of a 5 week old buttercup that looks just like yours.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=97841

The rest of these links also have pictures you should see.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=66320

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=146313

Close-up pics of buttercup combs (chicks around your chick's age)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=149980

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by