Easter Egger Pullet or Cockerel?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jnbelknap, Oct 18, 2014.

1. jnbelknap

jnbelknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2014
    Arroyo Grande, Ca
    This is Max at a bit over 4 weeks. Do you this she/he is a pullet or cockerel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you!

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm leaning slightly toward cockerel at this point, sorry. There's just enough reddish color starting to come in, and the legs look a little thick. I'm by no means positive, though, as the comb still looks nice and flesh colored.

Not especially helpful, huh [​IMG] ?

I'd love to see pics in 2-3 weeks, at that point it should be evident either way.

1 person likes this.
  3. jnbelknap

jnbelknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2014
    Arroyo Grande, Ca
    @donrae--That is my gut too. Slightly. I was convinced pullet until that red started to pull through. I am so impatient. I hate waiting the few weeks. If Max is indeed a boy, my neighbor wants him since his father (my roo) is the most awesome rooster. It'll be okay either way, but I selfishly want it to be a pullet, so I can keep her.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I'm leaning cockerel on this one, but it's awful young to be certain. I would suggest re-posting its pic again in about 3 weeks. As donrae said, by then its gender should be evident. I hope for your sake, we're wrong and it's a pullet.

1 person likes this.
  5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm also thinking cockerel, for now.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm also leaning towards cockerel, but I could certainly be wrong. It is too young to tell for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by