Easter Egger Question

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SkyWalker209, Jun 9, 2011.

1. SkyWalker209

SkyWalker209 Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Tuolumne, CA
    Are EE's a real breed of chicken or are they kind of a "mutt" bird? I see pics posted all the time of people asking what kind of birds they have and it seems that EE's always look different from the last one. Is it a generic type bird or are there characteristics I'm not noticing? I'm very new to the chicken world and am very curious to the answer. Thank you for your time.

2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    They are a mutt bird but that does not make them any less interesting or appealing. There are characteristics, and if you'd like to see a great discussion of EE's go on to the Easter Egger thread, and then check out the Araucana and Ameraucana threads in this part of the forum. Those three are going to be very helpful with your questions! Oh and [​IMG]

EE thread
    Ameraucana thread
    Araucana thread

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  3. SkyWalker209

SkyWalker209 Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Tuolumne, CA
    These links look very helpful and interesting. Thank you very much. Eight weeks ago when I received my very first chicks, I thought that I about 4 hens too many. Now I find myself figuring out how to build a bigger coop so, in time, I might be able to get a few more.

4. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    They've got you now!! Chicken math [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have enjoyed all of the EE's I have had. I was recently able to get Ameraucanas and they are silly, but wonderful, chickens too. I said I was only going to have 8 hens by the time it was all said and done, but now I'm already up to 12 chickens. Hope to see you around the forums and show us your chickens when you can, please!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by