easter egger question?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by albird101, Feb 4, 2015.

1. albird101

albird101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    So my chicks from ideal, I noticed less then half have puffy cheeks, and the others don't is it a chance that they'll be clean faced easter eggers? Or is there still a possibility that they'll grow muffs and beards

2. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    They will have beards and muffs from the start. Not all EEs have them. Half of mine are clean faced.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think it differs by the breed combination used to produce easter eggers. I love the puffy cheeks but, I know some birds don't have them. It's like getting a hot fudge sundae without the fudge.[​IMG]

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. The other members have given you good replies. Easter Eggers are bred by crossing a blue egg laying breed with a brown egg laying breed. The characteristics of the offspring are determined by which breeds were used in the cross. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Easter Eggers.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

6. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Seems like we've seen more clean faced EE the last year or so, so this doesn't surprise me. If they have pea combs, they've still got a good chance of laying colored eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by