easter egger question?

albird101

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
So my chicks from ideal, I noticed less then half have puffy cheeks, and the others don't is it a chance that they'll be clean faced easter eggers? Or is there still a possibility that they'll grow muffs and beards

I think it differs by the breed combination used to produce easter eggers. I love the puffy cheeks but, I know some birds don't have them. It's like getting a hot fudge sundae without the fudge.
sad.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. The other members have given you good replies. Easter Eggers are bred by crossing a blue egg laying breed with a brown egg laying breed. The characteristics of the offspring are determined by which breeds were used in the cross. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Easter Eggers.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. The other members have given you good replies. Easter Eggers are bred by crossing a blue egg laying breed with a brown egg laying breed. The characteristics of the offspring are determined by which breeds were used in the cross. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Easter Eggers.
Agreed.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Seems like we've seen more clean faced EE the last year or so, so this doesn't surprise me. If they have pea combs, they've still got a good chance of laying colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom