Easter Egger questions!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DURR, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    Ok so I was wanting to start raising chicks and selling them, so I was wondering how much do their eggs go for and same with chicks? I have 19 eggs in the bator and are due for a possible hatch around the 6th of jan. If I did my math right some are developing slower then others so I believe there might be a hatch date mix up. But they are developing. Also are Easter Eggers able to be shown? All my easter eggers are larger fowl, my older rooster weighs nearly 20lbs and my younger rooster weighs around 15lbs.is there a way I can determine if they are show qaulity?

2. maryhysong

maryhysong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Claypool, Arizona
    Easter Eggers are not a breed recognized by the American Poultry Association and so cannot be shown. Prices of chicks vary with supply and demand. Around here, when the feed stores don't have any I can get $3 a chick for mutts. those are some really huge roosters; are you sure on those weights? Even most standard large fowl breeds do not weigh that much.

3. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    They may not be exactly that but that's how they feel when I handle them. They maybe a some pounds under that but my birds are quite hefty ha ha. So they couldn't go under miscellaneous in 4-H shows?

Here's my largest roo Beau.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by