Easter Egger Roo Needs a new home

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ecd, Aug 20, 2011.

1. ecd

ecd New Egg

Aug 20, 2011
    Hello all-
    I've been lurking on byc for a while enjoying all the great advice! We have 6 chickens (3 barred rocks and 3 easter eggers) in our home now, and one started trying to crow today:( As we aren't supposed to have chickens at all, Angelis (formerly Angelina) now has to find a new home. I carry him out to their enclosures every day, so he is very tame. I just don't want him to end up being dinner!

We are in Pittsboro NC if anyone in the area is in need of a great boy!

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Hello [​IMG] and welcome from Michigan. Glad you decided to join but sorry to hear that you have get rid of your Roo. Hopefully some near will be able to take him.

4. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Hi - from NC too, about 3 hours away. I have Golden Comets... sex-linked so I intentionally didn't get a roo. That said, I'd love to have one. My biggest objection is what they end up doing to the backs of their favorite girls. Plus, my husband says no more chickens this year..... (if he showed up as a stray, though, bet I could talk him into it [​IMG] ) I do hope you find a home for the little guy. I'd hate to give up one of my girls. I love 'em each & every one!
    [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Lots of luck finding him a good home [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Hope you can find a new home for him. [​IMG]

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

8. ecd

ecd New Egg

Aug 20, 2011
    So here are my easter eggers-
    Eileen is the one looking in the camera. She was a runt with a club foot and half-wing....but holds her own now! Lady Fuzworth is on the right and Angelina/Angel is watching from the back. All three are tons of fun!

[​IMG]

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Welcome to the fun. Best of luck rehoming your roo!

10. ecd

ecd New Egg

Aug 20, 2011
    Quote:Hi chi-rn-
    I may have to take a run to Jacksonville! The easter eggers and barred rocks have been fun this year, we got ours at the end of April and my friend says they are spoiled! I hate giving one up [​IMG] but if the neighbors get annoyed with the seranading, they may make me send them all away! I just need to make sure he gets a home where they'll give him a great life!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by