Easter Egger Sexing Help - 5 weeks

May 10, 2019
St. Augustine, FL
I'm totally new to the chicken thing, and have wanted them for many, many years. So I have been taking photos of my 4 easter eggers and 2 brahmas every week. The brahmas were listed as pullets and the EEs were straight runs. I'm curious as to how they would grow and take on new colors since this is my first time raising chicks. Thanks to BYC, I found out the bantam pullets I got are probably brahmas.

I'll post the x4 view shot I have of all of them from day 1-3 to 4 weeks to the chicken research thread once y'all help me figure out which one is definitely hen vs. roo. It's fun watching them change!

From reading the forums (YOU ALL ARE AWESOME) -- I think I have 1 definite roo in the EE bunch. That would be Bacon. Bacon has the most orange / red comb coming in. He's also kind of an ass and very good at dodging me. (unless I have corn, which is like chicken crack for him)

This is Bacon, my probable roo based on my BYC research, but I could be wrong!

bacon 5 weeks IMG_0346.jpg bacon 5 weeks IMG_0345.jpg

Piglet, is my favorite and sweetest chicken, is a toss up for me if roo or hen. I think she's a Miss Piggy -- but then I get doubts!! What do you all think?

piglet 5 weeks IMG_0314.jpg piglet 5 weeks IMG_0317.jpg

Then there is Hamhock... who I also feel is a hen, but I am unsure. Also a sweet and pretty bird.
hamhock 5 weeks IMG_0323.jpg hamhock 5 weeks IMG_0322.jpg hamhock 5 weeks IMG_0324.jpg

Finally, there is Toast (my sister yelled at me for not having a Strudel). I think this is a hen too, but she is the last to feather!

toast 5 weeks IMG_0339.jpg toast 5 weeks IMG_0337.jpg

Also these brahmas are massive. Are they supposed to be this big??
Frittata
fritatta 5 weeks IMG_0352.jpg

Chitlin
chitlin 5 weeks IMG_0327.jpg

Thank you all so much for your help!

You have a very pretty flock going here. The Brahmas are gorgeous no matter what size they are lol :love Could you post more pictures in a few weeks when they're all a little older? Any cockerels should be a bit more obvious by then. :)

Back
Top Bottom