• No! Not at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KaylorFarms

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
I've heard a lot of people ask, What is the difference between an Easter Egger and a Ameraucana? So I decided to create this article on the differences between the two breeds.

First of all, most Ameraucanas only come in specific colors, like black, lavender, buff, white, etc... Easter eggers are mixed colors, like tan with black speckles, grayish blue, etc...
Easter eggers can also lay pink, blue, green, brown, and cream colored eggs. Ameraucanas can only lay blue eggs. The Easter Egger is a hybrid of the Araucana and/or other breeds to get brightly colored eggs. They are not a true breed, and are not recognized by the American Poultry Association. They are often confused with the Ameraucana and Araucana. Ameraucanas are not a hybrid.

Do u know how to make a poll?
I guess we do it because they are fun!

Polls are one thing. A poll about liking the thread? I mean no offense to the OP, Just happened to be the thread I asked about in.

Should I make a poll on a new thread about whether or not we agree?

Polls are one thing. A poll about liking the thread? I mean no offense to the OP, Just happened to be the thread I asked about in.

Should I make a poll on a new thread about whether or not we agree?
Sure! :p By the way, in my thread "I can sex your pullets and cockerels" why did you vote that you did not like my thread? It's ok! I'm just wondering?

I've heard a lot of people ask, What is the difference between an Easter Egger and a Ameraucana? So I decided to create this article on the differences between the two breeds.

First of all, most Ameraucanas only come in specific colors, like black, lavender, buff, white, etc... Easter eggers are mixed colors, like tan with black speckles, grayish blue, etc...
Easter eggers can also lay pink, blue, green, brown, and cream colored eggs. Ameraucanas can only lay blue eggs. The Easter Egger is a hybrid of the Araucana and/or other breeds to get brightly colored eggs. They are not a true breed, and are not recognized by the American Poultry Association. They are often confused with the Ameraucana and Araucana. Ameraucanas are not a hybrid.

I recently got a couple of pullets from my local TSC that were listed as Ameraucanas and are supposed to lay blue eggs but I'm having my doubts about them.

Here are a couple photos of one of them. Please let me know what your opinion is. Thank you.
20190310_110102.jpg

20190310_110120.jpg

I will be a bit disappointed if they are EE's. I am trying to get away from crossed breed chickens. I'm going on April 1st to get more Ameraucanas but from a Southern States co-op. They use a different hatchery and said they're very reliable with breeds.

If you're getting ameraucanas from a TSC, feed store or co-op you can be guaranteed you're getting what would be labeled as EEs and not true ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom