Easter Egger won't lay

Luanna

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 2, 2014
Independence, Ky
2 weeks ago I introduced my 9 week old baby chicks to the big girl coop. I have 3 big girls living there already. the two other chickens are still laying eggs but my Easter Egger has not laid an egg in two weeks. What's wrong with her?

Is she eating and drinking? Is she acting normal? If so did she stop laying before or after you introduced the new chicks? If not then I wouldn't be worried.

Afer introduced the babies but today she's been in the laying box all day. weird thing is is normally she won't let me touch her but today she does. I felt around and I don't feel like she's Eggs Bound so im not sure what's goin on

Afer introduced the babies but today she's been in the laying box all day. weird thing is is normally she won't let me touch her but today she does. I felt around and I don't feel like she's Eggs Bound so im not sure what's goin on
Could she possibly take on being a mother and going broody? Easter eggers however, aren't the best layers and can take a couple weeks off. Mine did that and they started baxk

My EEs are the most temperamental birds ever. They hate change and rain storms. They take a hiatus when ever they please. It's frustrating but I love them and their colorful eggs.

Back
Top Bottom