Easter egger?

Sarzetta

Songster
Mar 30, 2023
Australia
E00A276B-493E-4E6F-ADF4-B5AE9383621E.jpeg

We have this Easter egger and the person who sold her to me said she is a cross with an araucana hen and a Sussex rooster. I just wondered about her colouring? Lavender something ? Her sister is plain white.

The owner said she has another hen from this pairing and she lays blue/ teal eggs.

I note though these hens do not have pea combs,

Interested in your thoughts on her?

We think she’s beautiful regardless.

View attachment 3536170

We have this Easter egger and the person who sold her to me said she is a cross with an araucana hen and a Sussex rooster. I just wondered about her colouring? Lavender something ? Her sister is plain white.

The owner said she has another hen from this pairing and she lays blue/ teal eggs.

I note though these hens do not have pea combs,

Interested in your thoughts on her?

We think she’s beautiful regardless.
Easter Eggers have pea combs. And yes she is stunning 😍

She’s very pretty, though with that comb, I doubt she is a first generation cross with Araucana. It is very likely she doesn’t have the blue egg gene, which is heavily linked with the pea comb gene.
I can’t really determine the coloring from that angle but it looks like it has both lavender and silver.
It resembles transverse pencilling. Can I see another picture?

@Amer its night time I have these but I can take more tomorrow. I read about the pea comb gene being linked to blue eggs.

I had a feeling she is a bit more of a mix!

Back
Top Bottom