easter egger...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Brittany0309, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Brittany0309

Brittany0309 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    the person who sold her to me swore she was a hen, but I have heard some loud noises coming from her today that made me start[​IMG] to question that tail curl...

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    'She' is indeed a beautiful cockerel. He is going to be a very handsome rooster. Looks almost blue wheaten in coloration.

3. Brittany0309

Brittany0309 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    oh dear God I hope it doesn't start to cock a dooddle doo. I LOVE he/she but roosters are illegal here so he needs to stay quiet!!

4. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Oh he's definitely all boy. Very handsome.

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Not often do you see an Ameraucana being called an Easter Egger.

I have to agree, Blue Wheaton Cockerel!

6. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Yep, blue wheaten cockerel. And, unfortunately, I have not found Ameraucanas or EEs to be quiet boys. In fact, I rehomed one just because he was SO loud--and I keep 3-4 roosters at any given time.

He may not really be an Ameraucana, although he looks like one. I have an EE cockerel that looks for all the world like a blue wheaten Ameraucana, and I know he's not because I bred him and I know he's an EE x Marans. Check the comb carefully, that's one place the crossing will show. My boy's comb looks almost like a pea comb, but on close examination is a modified pea.

7. aoxa

You think they are bad, try the bantam Ameraucana cockerels. Loudest. Bird. Ever.

Everyone hated the sound of them too. They crowed NONSTOP

8. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    LOL, that was the trouble with my EE boy, too. I don't know if he ever stopped crowing except to eat. In fact, I think he crowed while he mated hens.

9. aoxa

With my EEs, they crow young too! It does tend to get better as they age, but yeah.. they are definitely not quiet!

10. CherishHolland

CherishHolland Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2013
    Canyon Texas
    Yep my EE Roo Festus never shuts up it is a constant crow off between him and my Sultan roo and my Serama roo and it starts at 4:30 every morning........my other boys crow but only once or twice or when something is wrong

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by