Easter Eggers and Leg Color

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cqranch, Sep 18, 2008.

1. cqranch

cqranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    Will some EE's have yellow legs or will they always be greenish color? I have two EE crosses that look like the other EE's but they have yellow legs. Will they just lay brown colored eggs?

2. Anne

Anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    EE's can have any color of legs -- gray, green, yellow, pink, etc. Green just happens to be one of the most common ones. Leg color is not related to egg color.

3. Momo

Momo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Nelson BC
    In my little flock of EEs there are slate legs, green legs, white legs and yellow legs. They all lay pale blue / minty greenish eggs.

4. mizauntcathy'shenhouse

mizauntcathy'shenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    I often wondered if the leg color related to the egg color. My Ameraucanas usually lay the light blue/greenish egg, but when the Partridge Rock roosters got to them I noticed some of the eggs were taupe (PR hens lay brown eggs)...or either my crossbred chicks/hens from an Ameraucana hen and PR rooster laid the taupe egg. Not sure which, but the were certainly different looking eggs....of course the flavor didn't change. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by