Easter Eggers Club of America

ChicKat

Free Ranging
11 Years
Hi y'all---

I found this link:

http://www.eastereggers.com/

At that page, none of the links work for me---they all go into errors alas.

I agree with the sentiment that Easter Eggers are an under appreciated breed. The end of the page, I find confusing about colors not being Easter Eggers such as white and black...etc.

Anyone have any insight to share? Anyone a member of the club? Anyone know if white or black can be an Easter Egger....
thanks.

ETA - I know EEs aren't a recognized 'breed' --- so I guess I mean 'type of chicken'. ;O)

Last edited:
I have black and blue and white Easter Eggers. They come in all colors. Those are also accepted Ameraucana colors... maybe that is what they are trying to say. BUT There is a difference. Just because the EE is solid does not make it an Ameraucana. In fact most of my new EE are solid colors. They were sired by a Black Ameraucana roo.... but still EE!

Quote:
  • Blue
  • Blue Wheaten
  • Brown Red
  • Buff
  • Silver
  • Wheaten
  • White
    Birds that exhibit the colors listed above, but do not exhibit the traits associated with the A.P.A. Classified breed Ameraucana and DO exhibit traits associated with the Easter Egg chicken ARE EASTER EGGERS
Basically what they are saying is that if the bird fits the breed standard for Ameraucanas, then they are not considered to be Easter Eggers. But if the bird is a recognized Ameraucana color but has traits associated with EE (such as green legs for example), then they are still considered Easter Eggers because they would not qualify as Ameraucanas as per the breed standard of that breed.

Basically what they are saying is that if the bird fits the breed standard for Ameraucanas, then they are not considered to be Easter Eggers. But if the bird is a recognized Ameraucana color but has traits associated with EE (such as green legs for example), then they are still considered Easter Eggers because they would not qualify as Ameraucanas as per the breed standard of that breed.
Thanks AinaWGSD,

so-- I have a white bird that lays a green egg, she has a pea comb, little beard, sort of muff, puffy cheeks and a bit of ear fuzz..but not tufts, I don't think (no expert here)
....she has willow legs...hence she is an Easter Egger. If her legs were slate, she would not be an EE but would be an Ameraucana?

Different example/question-- I have a friend's rooster that has been named as a melanized duckwing with the columbian gene...he has pea comb and slate legs---but isn't an Ameraucana color -- thus he is also an Easter Egger. I'm not trying to be dense here...just that I'm conflused. ;O/ Thanks if you can shed any insight. Both are hatchery birds....

I got this hen and was told she is an EE. I'm not sure what color she would be considered...

She had been picked on in her previous home so much of her neck..face feathers were torn up.
She lays blue/green eggs.

Last edited:
I got this hen and was told she is an EE. I'm not sure what color she would be considered...

She had been picked on in her previous home so much of her neck..face feathers were torn up.
She lays blue/green eggs.
She looks blue wheaten to me.... what color are the soles of her feet? Yellow she is an EE..... if white, she might be an Ameraucana, but she does not have a beard and muffs.... those are DQs so she would be an EE for that... meaning to me, not suitable for breeding.

I'll have to look at her feet when I get home. I think she does have the beard but it got pecked off. She had sores on her face and neck when we got her. The feathers are starting to come back in now. I don't want her for breeding.

I'll have to look at her feet when I get home. I think she does have the beard but it got pecked off. She had sores on her face and neck when we got her. The feathers are starting to come back in now. I don't want her for breeding.
Either way she is blue wheaten.... EE or Ameraucana

She is a pretty hen and looks like she has a sweet disposition...one of the things that I like about EEs is they look so -- interested in what you are doing....

Back
Top Bottom