Easter Eggers' Egg Colors

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CarolJ, Aug 20, 2011.

1. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Three of my four EEs started laying over the past couple weeks - one lays a greenish blue egg, and the other two lay a pale green egg. Today my fourth one finally laid her first egg - and it's a pale pinkish-brown with white flecks in it. Absolutely beautiful! I'm so thrilled to have such a pretty colored egg to add to my egg basket! Here's a photo - although it's prettier than it looks in the picture - more pinkish than brown. I hope she continues to lay eggs that are colored like that.

[​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Hate to break it to you but it won't stay that way. The extra pinkish white specks and color are excess blume/bloom and calcium. Eventually they'll just be an ordinary brown.

But still, congrats! [​IMG]

3. CarolJ

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:LOL! I figured it probablhy wouldn't last. Oh well - at least the first egg is really pretty!

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    [​IMG] Nice looking eggs! I like the speckles. So far, my 3 EEs have laid a caramel brown egg, and two shades of blue/green. I have a couple more who haven't laid yet, but it is fun waiting to see what we will get. [​IMG]

5. CarolJ

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    N&MSchroeder :

[​IMG] Nice looking eggs! I like the speckles. So far, my 3 EEs have laid a caramel brown egg, and two shades of blue/green. I have a couple more who haven't laid yet, but it is fun waiting to see what we will get. [​IMG]

I agree. I plan to get more EEs because I like the variations in color.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by