Easter Eggers from Nature's Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by alicefelldown, Jan 11, 2011.

1. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    What color are the Easter Eggers from Nature's Hatchery? Like to know what type of feather coloring people are getting from them.

I'm 3 birds short out of the 25. I already have some of the wild-type brown EEs and BBS pure Ameracanas.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    Anyone? Do they all come the 'standard' chipmunk / wild-type brown? Any chance of whites or silvers?

3. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    I have never ordered anything from Nature's Hatchery. They do have a nice selection of chickens though. I found that the price plus the shipping (Handling and such) always comes out to be quite higher than other hatcheries.
    I ordered from Cackle in 2010, ordered 27 recieved 29 chicks, not just EE's (there were 5 ordered and 6 sent), with the shipping added to it it was only $50 something dollars. I figured the prices from about 4 or 5 hatcheris and came out the cheapest @ Cackle.
    Very happy with my order from them.

4. IdealisticRoo

IdealisticRoo Chicken Tender

Oct 18, 2010
    Colorado!
    Quote:Well, I don't know much about Nature's Hatchery. I have gotten E.E.s from Murray McMurray, they were at the Murdoch's farm store. I picked all white chicks out of the "Ameraucana" bin and I ended up with all brown E.E.s!

I ordered 2 E.E.s with a surprise pullet order from Ideal Poultry in December, both were chipmunks, one is light, the other is VERY dark, but both are chipmunks!

I got another Surprise Special from Ideal Poultry this morning and it has 4 REALLY white E.E.s and a black E.E.! I am so excited, I have to keep these. There are a few chipmunks in there too!

I know your question was about Nature's Hatchery, but I only really have experience with Ideal and Murray McMurray.

5. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I don't know about their EE but... their customer service stinks... I ordered 65 birds from there and only got 35 of them.... And never heard from them the rest of the year and have since given up on them after e-mailing and calling several times.

Hope you get better service and a better experience from them!

6. reesepoultry

reesepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2009
    Nature's hatchery website has been disabled. So I am guessing they are no longer in business.

mommyofthreewithchicks: I sure do hope you got a refund on the chicks you never received.

7. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:They are closed for the season, not out of business. I got an email from them two days ago regarding my order from last year.

8. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    Quote:They do not charge until chicks are shipped.

9. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    They charged me for the birds I received (not the birds I didn't) plus ALL the shipping (received birds + the no show birds)- I am only out $15 extra bucks but it is the principle of the deal. No e-mail, no phone messages after the fact plus no word on when or if the ordered chicks were going to come. I wasn't worried until 3 months afterwards and no communication on their part as I tried very hard to get a hold of them. I was singing their praises until this mishap and now I don't think I could recommend them to anyone.

Buyer BEWARE... On this hatchery you may get your birds or be left in limbo like myself!

10. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    I would not recommend anyone to buy from Nature's Hatchery. I don't know where they get their chickens but it seems like it is a one man show. No customer service at all. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HATCHERY.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by