easter eggers how old

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenfanatic, Aug 28, 2008.

1. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    ok i have had easter eggers for along time. mine usually start laying around 20 weeks or so. this new batch i got hasnt started laying yet im just wondering when do other peoples easter eggers start laying. hmmmmm

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have one that is right around 20wks and hasn't laid yet. I'm not thinking she will for another couple weeks either.

3. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    my girl is 7 months and no eggs

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH my..I guess I have a while to wait since my ee is only 15 weeks old. Here I was hoping it would be in a few weeks ;(

5. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    My Delightful Dozen are 16 weeks old this week and not an egg out of any of them....still waiting....
    Sigh!

Dust baths galore, no eggs!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  6. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Quote:Don't even tell me that! First it was the bees, now the eggs? Tell me it is not so!

The Delightful Dozen must lay eggs soon!

7. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i think 7 months could be considered abnormal i have never heard a of an easter egger taking that long wowwwww good luck i hope that one starts real soon or she may explode hahaha

8. gotchooks?

gotchooks? Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    This little lady is 22 weeks, has been squatting for about a week and a half, and is at this very minute in a nest box (1st time) BAWKing her head off. I checked earlier, and no egg yet. She's plowing through all the wood chips in each nest box, knocking wooden eggs on the floor of the coop, making lots of racket. The other ladies are out in the run BAWKing along with her....sheesh! Hopefully soon or maybe this is just a practice run. I'm leaving her alone for awhile because she's normally so shy...maybe seeing or hearing me is stressing her out. BTW, this will be my first EE egg ever, so I'm a little impatient to see what color she'll lay. ***fingers crossed***Just don't be brown...white is even OK as all the other ladies are EE's or brown egg layers (same age).

[​IMG]

Good luck with your EE's! Hope you start getting eggs soon.
    Jenn

9. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:oh i know! my girl also is mute has never made a single sound the entire time since i got her as a young pullet back in may... i think i have a broken hen

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I started with six EEs, and 4 began to lay at 21-22 weeks; the last two were OVER 8 months old...but, they both lay Jumbo eggs, so I guess it was worth the wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by