Easter Egger's in Ohio??

scalaway

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2008
Ohio
Hi --My hubby and I are looking for 4-5 easter egger chicks--preferably pullets, but not sure if they can be sexed early or not? We ordered 25 chicks from McMurray--an assortment--we're pleased to death with our babies--but were really hoping for some colored eggs
smile.png
!! Anyone around here in Ohio that has a few they'd like to sell--or does anyone know anywhere we could order just a few chicks to add to our flock? Thanks so much
smile.png
!!
jumpy.gif
m--I appreciate your time
smile.png
--

You can purchase as few as 3 EE's from Meyers in Ohio and Mt healthy sells them also. When I checked for chicks around my town I found several places that had them. Call your feed stores, they will have some. Tractor supply had 65 different breeds to chose from. They really should be easy to find.
smile.png

OH, when you order from Meyers or Mt healthy you can chose what sex you want them to be. I ordered 6 pullets and ended up with one rooster and 5 girls, so it works out pretty well. You can keep the rooster if you accidentally get one and use him to make more pretty colored egg layers.

Great idea--Thanks
smile.png
!! I think I''ll check out Meyer's--it's not that far from me (like an hour??) -- Would be a fun field trip with the kids
smile.png
-- I wonder if I should call first--have you ordered as few as 3 form them? I know some places make you take 6---I don't know want that many--Unfortunately our local feed supply store we use to buy from closed
sad.png
-- and our TSC only had red sex-linked chicks this year
sad.png
-I ordered the "rainbow layer" assortment from McMurray--not so sure how rainbow-y our eggs will be--BUT we've got a really healthy little flock
smile.png
-- I just would really like some EE's
smile.png
-- Thanks for the suggestion
smile.png
!!

Yes i would call Meyers first. They will give you a hatch date and you just go pick them up. I got my EE girls from meyers and am very pleased. They are really pretty and one even ended up a rumpless! They will sell as few as three so that makes it so nice for those who just want to add to their flock. Have a fun trip:)

Hi there! My friend has EE chicks but they are not sexed. If Meyer is out you could try Eagles Nest! I went there and they have the cutest chicks!!! My friend ordered EE pullets to sell at our local feed store! I think she sold out.
wink.png
I am in Millersburg.
frow.gif
Where are you?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom