1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter eggers info

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickGirl1617, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ChickGirl1617

ChickGirl1617 New Egg

Feb 25, 2015
    Hi! I am new to chickens and wanted to know if Easter Eggers are a good choice. Please put info about them and pictures. I was thinking about Easter eggers or Dominiques and finally settled on Easter Eggers... So thanks!! [​IMG]

2. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    A easter egger is a good hardy breed.Their peacomb prevents frostbite,so you do not need to worry about it.Good layers (not to keep for pure egg production),but it is also a pretty good pet.

3. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Hello and Welcome to BYC! I love both my Dominiques and Easter Eggers, they are both great breeds, and very cold hardy. Here are some pictures of my birds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry for all the pictures. I don't have any of my Dominiques though.

1 person likes this.
  4. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    EE's are good breeds for very cold temps. They are late bloomers, the last in a mixed flock to start laying. They lay lovely shades of green or blue eggs but are less reliable for production than say, RIR's or BO's. I have had some relatively calm EE's and some who are absolutely terrified of being handled despite being hand raised. I do enjoy them though and always have a few in my flock. [​IMG]

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community.

I have one Easter Egger, and have really enjoyed her. She's been a very good layer, hardy, and docile. I would recommend the breed for sure. If you want to read more about Easter Eggers, I suggest looking at the Easter Egger breed reviews: Easter Eggers I haven't kept Dominiques, but you can read reviews on them here: Dominique

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community!

I don't have a lot of experience with Easter Eggers, but all of the EEs I have had experience with have been friendly and fairly productive egg layers.

7. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

My EE mix is shy yet sweet. She lays blue eggs and is very good at foraging and ranging. She loves to talk. She doesn't like to be held or touched however.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves their different colored eggs. Our EEs have generally been docile, but not really lap pets like some of our calmer breeds. They will tolerate being handled, but don't really like it. They are however, very hardy birds and good layers. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your EEs.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard Chickens flock. Very glad you joined us.

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by