Easter Eggers? Male or Female? 4 weeks (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by carolsmith7878, Sep 10, 2011.

1. carolsmith7878

carolsmith7878 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Versailles, MO
    Hi! I hatched these guys out of a batch of mixed eggs/breeds. Are these Easter eggers? Can you tell gender?

EE #1-I'm thinking pullet?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EE #2-Possibly also a pullet?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EE #3-Maybe a Roo?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They were from hatching eggs from ebay, from one of the suppliers of chicks to Welp hatchery.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Sorry but none of those looks like an EE to me as they all have single combs and I'm not seeing anything in the way of muffs. I would agree that the first two are probably hens. The third one looks like a cockerel.

3. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    I could be totally wrong here, but none of those look like EEs to me. They all seem to have single combs and yellow legs. I can't tell if they will have beards and muffs, but if they don't then they are probably not EEs since they would be missing all of the characteristics of an EE. Could be mixes of some sort, or they could just be other breeds that I don't recognize. [​IMG]

4. carolsmith7878

May 28, 2011
    Versailles, MO
    I have no idea what they are then. [​IMG]

Any ideas?

5. carolsmith7878

May 28, 2011
    Versailles, MO
    They could be one of these list of breeds, or a mix of them. It's a mystery! [​IMG]

Aracauna
    Ameraucana
    Black Australorp
    Buff Orpington
    Black Langshan
    Gold Sex Link
    Production Red
    Barred Rock
    California White
    Welsummer

6. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    I was told EE were mutt birds... Ameracuana crosses an even Ameracuana with faults... I had a Splash EE that had a single comb an I was told she was EE by Ameracuana breeders on here... an my Ameracuana chick was of incorrect color making it an EE... this is why I decided not to do the Ameraucana an EE... too confussing..

7. Chicken Bee

Chicken Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Long Island
    Regardless of breed, the last one is a boy. The other two could possibly be girls.

8. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

The second one looks like it has some Production Red in it.

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:They cannot possibly be Ameraucanas, Araucanas, Langshans, Buff. . . You know what, the only thing on that list they could be are Welsummers or Welsummer crosses, so I hope you're joking. [​IMG]

10. carolsmith7878

May 28, 2011
    Versailles, MO
    That's just the list the seller gave me when I bought the eggs. Thought I'd include all for everyone to see, include all pieces puzzle. Who know what mix of these breeds they are? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by