Easter eggers? My first hatch.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicknduck, Nov 27, 2010.

1. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I have 2 babies that hatched in the last 2 days. I was tol they were Easter eggers. They came from lite greenish blue eggs but have fuzzy black legs and 5 toes??????? I am thinking it was an Easter Egger who laid the egg and the daddy was a Silkie. Is this a possibility? Oh and they do have a beard and the little poof on their cheeks. They are dark brownish with golden colors.They are my first hatches and non the less, they will always be special. I am still learning about breads so I wanted to see what someone else thought.

Thanks.

2. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Does anone have any thoughts?

3. chillmiller

chillmiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Tonopah/AZ
    i have a thought... can i have them?

4. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    They sound cute, any pics??

5. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Here is a picture. It is sooo cute. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I tried to get a picture of the 5 toes. It was tough but this is the best I could get. It looks ike 4 toes but the smaller one looks like 2 little ones. Definatl 5.
    [​IMG]
    I am trying to get the pics bigger but if you click on the pic you wl see a bigger one.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  6. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    There is no breed standard for EE's they can have 5 toes or more...even less [​IMG] clean legs or feathered top hat or not even a naked neck if you wish.If you want a frizzle have one.So in general if you want to have pretty eggs and a funky looking chicken then have fun with EE's [​IMG]
    We have several EE's here and none are that stereotype looking wild colored green legged chicken...I find those boring when this is one that you can really have fun with.

7. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Cute! [​IMG]

8. chicknduck

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    Well I just love my 2 they will be a nice addition. I knew they were a mix. The woman I got the eggs from seems to think that her EE mixed with her silkie to make a EE silkie cross. non the less beautiful babies. I am still learning. I am just so happy to have hatched my 2 little wonders.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by