Easter Eggers pullet or cockerel?

bdb013

Hatching
Jan 19, 2016
I am hoping I have two pullets. One has blueish green legs, the other has white legs with some feathering on them. Can I get your advise

They both look like pullets to me
1f60a.png

Is the color of their legs any indication of egg color?

No, pea combs are a better indicator that you will get colored eggs. EEs with pea combs usually carry the blue egg gene and lay greenish eggs. Those with single combs are much more likely to lay some shade of brown eggs. I can't tell by looking whether the bird in the top pic has a single comb or a pea comb. Where pea combs are concerned (as in the bottom bird), male EEs typically have a triple row of peas in the combs whereas females usually have a single row of peas. Can you get some close ups of the combs of both birds?

No, pea combs are a better indicator that you will get colored eggs. EEs with pea combs usually carry the blue egg gene and lay greenish eggs. Those with single combs are much more likely to lay some shade of brown eggs. I can't tell by looking whether the bird in the top pic has a single comb or a pea comb. Where pea combs are concerned (as in the bottom bird), male EEs typically have a triple row of peas in the combs whereas females usually have a single row of peas. Can you get some close ups of the combs of both birds?
This is interesting! I never knew males had the 3 rows of peas! I have an ee roo,he has green legs. I'll be hatching out ee crosses and will be keeping an eye on combs!

Here a couple pics of the combs. Do you think one is a hen and the other a cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom