1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Eggers sex link

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tristan l, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Dorthia

Dorthia Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2015
    Hi, if you have hatching eggs can I see a picture ? I want start a breeding program for auto-sexing EEs. My pet Chicken sells blue auto sexing EE hatching eggs. Just wondering if you could come in with knowledge on that.

2. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    [​IMG]

Here is a photo I had on file . Not sure when I will have some to sell . Molting has started . Not sure what they are selling now . If they are blue they are probably sex links . I will have to take a look at their page .

3. jerryse

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    If you mean the Carolina blues they sell . Those are sex links not auto sexing . These can be made with a splash EE or Ameraucana rooster ( 2 copies of blue ) over black barred hens like barred rocks . The male chicks will have the white or creamy white head spot . All chicks will carry 1 blue gene . You will not be able to sex at hatch in future generations .
    Barring is the key to these sex links and auto sexing breeds and hybrids . Auto sexing is best on chipmunk striped chicks ( wild type chick pattern ) . Add barring to chipmunk pattern . You must have a rooster with 2 barring genes and barred hens to get auto sexing . The second generation will produce some roosters with 2 barring genes .

1 person likes this.
  4. Dorthia

Sep 30, 2015
    Yes, my pet chicken sells blue ones. Hatching eggs only at this point.

5. Dorthia

Sep 30, 2015
    Not certain. I will get them once my breeding facilities are finished. I'm also looking to breed auto-sexing olive Eggers and cream legbars.
    I want to start with 6 eggs of each "breed."

6. Dorthia

Sep 30, 2015
    Thanks for the information on the MPC strain.

7. Dorthia

Sep 30, 2015
    Wow, the eggs are beautiful. Are they actually that blue ? They look better than the cream legbars.

8. laura s

laura s Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2014
    Homestead Florida
    [​IMG]
    I hatched 2 of the blue EE sex links from my pet chicken. No head dots but totally different colors.

9. jerryse

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Yes they are . I see no real difference between these , Legbar , EE , Ameraucana and Araucana in egg color . I do try to hatch from the best color eggs .

10. jerryse

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    [​IMG] Ok here are eggs from 4 breeds . See if you can guess . Choices are auto sexing EE , EE , Cream Legbar and Ameraucana . There is some variation in color but that occurs even within a breed .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by