Easter eggers stopped laying.. After restarting

alisoncr

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2022
We have a bunch of Easter egger chickens (9 - 5mon, 3 - 1yr, 2 - 3month). About a month ago our older Easter eggers started laying again (we assume it was the restart after winter break), however about a month ago they stopped again (about 2 weeks after the restart). During this time we also split the 5 month old "teenagers" into their own flock. Two had started laying before the split and the others started shortly after, but our older ones still aren't laying again.

Any thoughts about those older chickens and why they aren't laying? We have a bantam Cochin and 2 welsummers in that flock that have continued laying since the winter time no issue...

I guess I'm surprised it's a false start because all the other chickens (including younger EE) are laying now, and we live in the south. It's been spring weather and we get 12+ hours of daylight right now.

That’s interesting. I, too, have three 3 year old hens that started laying and have now quit. I’ve had no eggs for 2 weeks. But I did find a really weird thing in the coop this morning while doing housekeeping. It almost looks like just a yolk. The hens are all doing well, acting normal, eating, normal poops, just no eggs, until this. Does anyone know what this is?

Attachments

• DDDB94AC-265F-4A50-9628-F2A821A027E5.jpeg
    DDDB94AC-265F-4A50-9628-F2A821A027E5.jpeg
    577.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom