Easter Eggers yet to lay...

calamarie

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2015
I'm not entirely sure if they are Americans or easter eggers, when I ordered them they labled them as araucaunas anyway that's all besides the point. We haven't gotten any colored eggs yet, but wondering if the color can be a close pink to brown? These two hens have decided to free range together and fly in and out of the run daily as they please. :-/ I know the areas they frequent and haven't seen any eggs but they spend their days getting in and out of the run and doing their own thing. They aren't being bred by my roos, which I wondered might be keeping them from laying? They are right at 6mo old.

No hatchery has Araucana. You probably have Easter Eggers. It's possible that they aren't being bred by the rooster because they aren't mature yet. Pullets that mature in the fall take longer to start laying. They will likely start laying once the days start getting longer.

x2 Easter Eggers can be a little slow to start sometimes,especially late in the year. Also you don't need a rooster for egg production so whether your roos are breeding the girls or not you'll get eggs when the girls are ready. The fact that your roos aren't breeding the girls or even interested does seem to imply that they are simply not there yet. Patience...I know it's hard, but those eggs are a'coming, really! The egg color can be greenish, blue, a brown so light it appears pink, or medium brown.

Um, how many roos do you have and are there other hens besides the two EEs you mentioned?

x2  Easter Eggers can be a little slow to start sometimes,especially late in the year.  Also you don't need a rooster for egg production so whether your roos are breeding the girls or not you'll get eggs when the girls are ready.  The fact that your roos aren't breeding the girls or even interested does seem to imply that they are simply not there yet.  Patience...I know it's hard, but those eggs are a'coming, really!  The egg color can be greenish, blue, a brown so light it appears pink, or medium brown.

Um, how many roos do you have and are there other hens besides the two EEs you mentioned?

Thank you for the info. Yeah we have 18 hens and 3 roos, ack I mean 4 I keep forgetting one. Hopefully soon they will lay :)

Back
Top Bottom