1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Eggers

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by OrpingtonFairy, May 8, 2016.

1. OrpingtonFairy

OrpingtonFairy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2015
    Hamden, CT
    My Easter Eggers are almost 2 weeks old and unlike my other chicks I've had these birds are crazy full of energy! The first couple of days I could handle them and they would fall asleep on me, now they just want to keep moving. Is this how Easter Eggers usually are?
    When my Orpington was this young she was mellow and sweet as can be. These things just can't still till dusk.

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Ha ha! I've had both as well as Wynadottes. EEs are not mellow as Orpingtons or Wynadottes. They are active and can be flighty but they have so much personalities, adds spice to the mix [​IMG] Recently had 2 RIR, Hubby wanted them I didn't but got them & 2 EE, he ended up liking the EEs personalities better. IF you find breed mellower than an Orpington, let me know. They are the best!

I'm new to chickens (2013), not much selection here (Hawaii) due to shipping & Dept of Ag regulations but trying different breeds. Started off raising hatches until 8 wks for someone hatching to sell, then wanted some of my own. I've had pullet chicks for about 4 - 6 months then sell prior to my annual Grandma visit to the Mainland.

Once you start, you'll find more you want to have = Chicken Math [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by