Easter Eggers!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Branderella, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Branderella

Branderella Songster

Jul 6, 2009
    Please show off your EE hen pictures. I really want to know what my girl will grow up to look like...Thank you!

2. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Songster

May 24, 2008
    Too many to show, but this would be one of them:

[​IMG]

3. marytoast

marytoast Songster

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    What color is she now?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Uppity Peon

Uppity Peon Songster

I need to shoot some new pictures but this is one of my recent faves.
    [​IMG]

edit: forgot the img tag

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  6. Branderella

Branderella Songster

Jul 6, 2009
    Quote:How old is yours, and does she lay???
    Mine is 21 weeks and doesnt lay, do you think she is close??
    [​IMG]

7. valentinebaby

valentinebaby Songster

Mar 23, 2009
    Sherman-Denison, TX
    I have 3 EE's and they started to lay between 20 1/2 weeks and 21 1/2 weeks, but all of mine seem to have started earlier than usual. They didn't show the obvious deep red colour and size of comb and wattle as my NHR's and BO's, but their combs and wattles did deepen in colour quite a bit and the pea comb did grow larger and that was my sign they were getting close. The one that has more slate blue-green legs lay's beautiful baby blue eggs and the other two lay an amazing mint green egg. I'm sure you're getting close, but some EE's don't start til after 24 weeks. Have fun!

8. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    It's hard to tell what color EEs will be when they are babies. I had 3 identical brown chicks and they are all completely different now (currently about 4 months old). I then bought a 4th chick that looked like those 3 had looked and it's different, too.

I need to get some pictures of my girls, but here is my EE roo. My husband took a picture of him last week because we were trying to get one of his friends to take him. I have too many roosters! This one is really sweet. (Edited to add: I just realized after posting this that you asked for EE hen pictures, but this was the only one I had on this computer of one of my older EEs. We actually thought he was a hen until the past couple of weeks when it became obvious that he is a rooster.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  9. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    And here is a cute little EE chick that I hatched out of some eggs from ILOVEFRIZZLES (BYC member). I have no idea what this one will look like grown up, but it's such a sweet little chick.

[​IMG]

10. BBK

BBK Songster

Apr 14, 2009
    upstate NY
    here's some of mine..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    well, i guess i only have two pics for you.

melinda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: