May 14, 2015
Felton DE
Are any of these chicks easter eggers?

Lady of McCamley

Free Ranging
10 Years
Mar 19, 2011
NW Oregon
Agreed top chick #1 is almost certain an EE because of the green legs although it doesn't appear to have beard or muff (the other rare breeds that have green legs would have a different down color or comb type).

BTW, just so you know, It is really hard to tell breeds when the birds being held as they are...it is best to have a full profile shot so that we can see their body build and full down colors, then hold them close for comb shots.

Your bottom black bird (bird photo #4) has a rose comb and I think a white head dot (hard to see in photo), so that is probably a Dominique.

The 2nd photo is likely Black Sex Link or Australorp...but I would need to see better body shot to tell you more as there are subtle differences in the patterning...Australorps generally look more "penguin" like.

The 3rd bird looks a bit gray in the photo but that's such a bad shot I can't see the bird well enough to tell you what I think it is.

Photo #5, may be a Blue Marans.

Where did you get them? That can also help with identity...if a feed store, that will eliminate the likelihood of any rare types.

LofMc

HeatherTheMommy

Songster
May 14, 2015
Felton DE
Thank you! I got them at a petstore. They sell chicks, ducks, turkeys, guineas, etc. I was told all but one was a rooster. I hope they were correct.

Top Bottom