Easter Eggs! Pics! =D *Really bizarre egg!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, Apr 10, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    We dyed some eggs a few weeks ago with our neighbors; they turned out really nice and unique! [​IMG] We used our own eggs, from our Red Stars and Buff Orpingtons. [​IMG] Here's how they turned out:
    [​IMG]

And this is the CRAZIEST and coolest dyed egg I have EVER seen! [​IMG] After we dye them, we usually crack them open and use them for pickled eggs or we just eat them; well, my siblings do, anyway. I don't really like hard boiled eggs. [​IMG] But anyway, my sister was peeling the shell of one and she was like, "WOW! Come see this!" And she showed me this bizarre egg! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The egg had cracks and when we dyed it, the dye leaked through the cracks and onto the egg whites! [​IMG] But I thought it looked really cool and immediately took a pic to share with you guys. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    wow! they look lovely! .... and the other one is rather unique! Happy Easter ..........

3. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Happy Easter to you, too! yes, the other one is...uh..."rather" unique! LOL [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Those eggs are pretty! I wish my kids wanted to color eggs still![​IMG] Oh well I think I might do it myself!![​IMG] I like your strange egg, that was a nice surprise!!

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    That one looks almost like a spider web.

6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Yeah that's what I thought. [​IMG]

7. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Those are really cool!

8. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    The ones that I dyed are the three ones closest to the camera; there's a a yellow-orange poopy colored one(looks like a chicken pooped on it! lol), there's a light lime green one, and there's a purple-brown poopy one! [​IMG] I don't know why, but mine all turned out to be nasty colors! I think it's because I kept mixing them... [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Yeah that's what I thought. [​IMG]

Me too! It's a Hallowe'en egg! [​IMG]

10. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Last week my mom had me and my little brothers blow out 3 DOZEN eggs for her 3rd grade class to color and hang on her easter tree. lol. I wish she could've just went this route instead of having them color the blown ones with permanet marker, yours look so much better

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by