Easter Wreath

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by lakeshorenc, Mar 12, 2009.

1. lakeshorenc

lakeshorenc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    I made this a few years back. It is very simple to make. you need a straw wreath form, eggs, a ribbon to hang it with and a glue gun. Don' put the eggs on the back side so it will lay flat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    That's adorable!!!

3. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    VERY CUTE! I am going to make one of those this weekend! How many eggs did you use?

4. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    That is stinkin' cute! I wonder if I have enough eggs in the basement to make one...hmmmm. Thanks for the idea! [​IMG]

5. lakeshorenc

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    I tried to count them. I think around a hundred or 105 eggs. You would need about 9 bags of 12 egg. I paid $3 for 2 bags of 12 the other day, so that would be around $14. I think I paid about $7 for the wreath, but I got it at a florist. I'm sure you can find it cheaper. All in all it cost about $20-$25 to make. Oh, I started with the out side and worked toward the middle and if they don't fit exactly it won't really matter when your done. I remember getting frustrated when I was making it but when I was finished it looked good. I gave my sister one and she uses it for a center piece for her table and puts a stuffed rabbit in the middle.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  6. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    Hey, How do you get your chickens to lay such brightly colored eggs? I want some of those hens. [​IMG]

7. lakeshorenc

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    They are the REAL Easter Egger's.They just aren't good to eat. The eggs are kinda dry on the inside:D

8. bulldog-girl

bulldog-girl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Estacada, OR
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by