Eastern Egger?

ptsai

Chirping
May 28, 2016
Happy Saturday!

I got this chick from a local feed store who told me is an Ameraucana. After reading so many posts I started to believe I was told incorrectly. Would anyone care to help identify what I have? Maybe an Eastern Egger? I think his/her age is about 2-3 weeks, is there any way to tell whether it's a roo or pullet?
Thank you so much for your time. Have a great weekend.

Looks like an Easter egger. Right now it looks like a pullet, but it is too early to know for sure. Post pictures in another 3 to 4 weeks.

Since Easter Eggers are pretty much the mutts of the chicken world, it's hard to tell. Mine was pale yellow and is now white. Only thing I can tell you for sure is the leg color does usually indicate the egg color.

Since Easter Eggers are pretty much the mutts of the chicken world, it's hard to tell. Mine was pale yellow and is now white. Only thing I can tell you for sure is the leg color does usually indicate the egg color.
Leg color doesn't indicate egg color, earlobes are usually do. If they have white earlobes= white eggs, red earlobes= brown or blue/green eggs.

Didn't know chickens have earlobes. Wow.. Learning something new every day
Yup, breeds like Leghorns, Anconas, Andalusians, and Campines. Now there are a few breeds that have red earlobes (like Dorkings) and lay white eggs but the earlobe rule is mostly accurate.

what did its wing feathers look like when it was smaller i can tell by looking at pics of its wings when it was starting to grow its wing feathers if there equal its a rooster feather length uneven its s hen

Back
Top Bottom