eastern iowa poultry club show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by eatmoreturkeys, Oct 18, 2007.

1. eatmoreturkeys

eatmoreturkeys Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2007
    Ive heard there is a poultry show in Iowa City Nov 24, 25 its supose to be a fairly big show, has any one else heard this or have any info thank.

2. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I haven't heard anything but bummer if it is that wknd I am expecting puppies that week well I m not my dog is haha.[​IMG]

3. chickenfeed

chickenfeed Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2007
    North Central Iowa
    Eastern Iowa Poultry show on November 24 and 25, 2007, in Iowa City, IA - State Meet, contact Phil Shank, 1355 Elm Ave., Wellman, IA 52356, Phone: 319-646-2011, Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps [​IMG]

4. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    I'm a member of the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association. It's being held at Sharpless Auction this year. They are raffeling off a gun and a camera, having an auction, and a banquet (pay by Nov. 11).

5. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    In case I am able to go to the show(I believe pups are coming early) are any birds for sale? Is there a large variety of birds. I hate to drive that far for a small show. TIA

Amy

6. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey wren, how does one join the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association? I googled it and only found references to the show.

I will be there, now that I know it is at Sharpless. Don't know what time it starts though. I did email Mr. Shank for more info.

apbgv, In my research trying to find more info about this show, I found several forum posts about people talking about bringing birds to this show to sell. I think the Ameraucana club forum I saw people say they were bringing birds.

7. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    here is what I have learned about the show:

"The show is Sat Nov 24th at the Sharpless Auction Bldg north of I80
    east of Iowa City at Exit 249. The bldg will be open for public from 9PM
    to 5PM as long as there is no interference with the judging process.
    No fee to observe. Should come prepared to purchase somethng to take
    home. There will be approx 1900 birds on display for judging plus sale
    birds. "

Sounds fun!

8. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Hi All

Let's see, there was a lot of birds for sale-ducks, at least 20 different varieties of chickens, way better stuff than I've ever found in this area for good prices (with the exception of a muscovy who was a brother to the grand champion of show).

Laura- to join the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association E.I.P.A. for short mail Phil Shank a check for $15 and a note asking to join with your name, address and phone number, then be PATIENT. I was already attending meetings before he was able to answer my phone messages. I found out where the meetings were by calling people I know who I guessed might be members. Anyway. The man is swamped. The E.I.P.A. needs a website to post info on.

The first meeting tentatively may be in Jan, or Feb nothing is set yet. We will be deciding how big of a show we want to have, and how to handle our wonderful growth.

I signed four new members into the club personally-soo much fun! Then I bought 5 blue standard cochins. The best thing about the show was being surrounded by fellow poultry peeps.

9. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    The 2008 Eastern Iowa Poultry show is Nov 29th and 30.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by