Eastern Iowa Poultry Show/Call Duck National - Wanted/Bringing

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by duckluck, Nov 8, 2009.

1. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I saw this topic for the Ohio National and thought I would start a similar thread for the Eastern Iowa Poultry Show, which I am very much looking forward to...I have several ducks going myself.

One thing I will be looking to buy there is: a SQ pair of self-black call ducks. I am also interested in used brooders/brooder boxes.

I am also looking for another SQ white call duck pullet or proven hen to add to my flock, as I have one cockerel who will be by himself in breeding season if I can't find one. Will consider all prospects before or after judging.

So what is anyone else planning on looking to buy or sell there?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    We are bringing call ducks for sale and should also have some for sale out of the show pens. Not sure what we are bringing yet....we are also going to put some of our BLRWs in the show......should be a great time. Hope all the Wyandottes will fit in the minivan.

3. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Looking forward to seeing you there, and meeting the new ones! [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Turbo

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    guess we are the only ones going???

5. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    No ducks, but I will be there.

It's my home show, and I'm a member of the EIPA. If you need anything let me know!

6. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Well, if so, that's okay too...two exhibitors and enough call ducks to take all the awards, I suppose! [​IMG] I could live with that, although I really am hoping to see more than just our ducks in a weekend!

7. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Entries aren't due until the 12th so there won't be a final number till then.

I think everyone has Ohio National fever right now!

8. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I know, I wish I could go! Too tough with my work schedule, though...so I'm saving myself for Iowa.

9. Mrs. Turbo

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:All the top breeders of call ducks are going......going to be a ton of ducks!! Bring lots of money.....lol

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    So I have heard! Planning on just that, but one thing I have learned from horse shows...you never know what is actually going to happen until it does. Let us hope the weather is with us that weekend. My fingers are crossed!

Do they also have a lot of vendors come there too?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by