1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Eastern Long Islander looking for some cute chicks! lol!!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by longislandmom, Mar 24, 2015.

1. longislandmom

longislandmom New Egg

Mar 24, 2015
    Long Island, NY
    hi!
    I'm a mom of four kiddos and we want to start a chicken family this spring! We will be building a backyard coop with a fenced in area for our chickies.
    i'm reading and learning all that I can, but I'm looking for advice on the easiest/friendliest/good for kids/lay reasonable amount of eggs/can stand the winters in the NE well chickens!
    I'm not sure which type to get! And, can you "mix and match" chicken breeds or should I stick with one type?
    Thanks for any advice fellow NYers!! :)

2. johnskoi

johnskoi Chillin' With My Peeps

no longer a li'er but a couple from ctr moriches acquired over half of my silkies and showgirls this past summer (if i knew i was moving at the time, i would've kept them)... VERY nice couple...if you ask around you can probably hunt them down... some beautiful birds and probably what you're looking for ... don't hesitate to pm me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by