Eastern North Carolina

Mayo

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
Hello! Extremely new - My husband is building me a small guinea fowl house for about 8 guineas. Chickens and chicken house will come next year. I am curious if there is anyone close to where we live. AND maybe has some keets for sale. (New Bern, NC)

Hi Mayo. I'm Kim and I live in the Maysville area and my husband works in New Bern. He is the new store manager now there at Monro Muffler by the Waffle House. Nice to meet you! I am a newbie too. I got my first ever flock of 26 chicks 8 weeks ago and then I have 3 more I got that are 5 weeks old.

My husband and I were thinking about guineas also. Are they pretty easy to raise? I don't know what "keets" are, maybe Parakeets? lol. I am VERY new remember.
smile.png

There is a Facebook page that is a closed group called Barnyards by the Sea that is only for local NC in the coastal area, you should get on it if you do FB. Its a lot of fun to talk with people that live right by you. And someone may know of Keets around here.

Have a blessed Easter. Kim

Hey Kim! So glad to hear from you. You are about 40 minutes from me. My husband is still working on the guinea house as much as he can. I am really looking forward to when I can get my guinea babies. (keets)

What kind of chickens did you get? Did you get them for meat or eggs OR both. Where did you get your chickens?

If you look at the top of the page you will see the word Forum - click on that - there will be a drop down menu - click on Breeds - then click on Guineas.

Everyone seems to be real nice and helpful to one another on this forum both for the chickens and guineas. I really enjoy reading the post.

Montine

Back
Top Bottom