Eastern NYS Regional Poultry School Show Altamont NY

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by happyhensny, Apr 7, 2009.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

April 18, 2009. Eastern NYS Regional Poultry School Show. The event starts at 8pm with registration held at the Altamont Fair Grounds in Altamont, NY. Registration will begin at 8AM, 9AM to noon will showcase educational sessions, followed by a bring yourown lunch, at 1PM there will be a fun show judged by a licensed American Poultry Association/American Bantam Association judge. This event is open to all youth and their parents/chaperone; you need not be a 4-H member to participate. Participants are encouraged to bring a bird to exhibit in the fun show and pre-registration is recommended so that we have enough material for everyone. The featured speaker this year will be David Hillman, a retired Cornell Cooperative Extension Agent. There is also a scholarship contest for youth 18 years old and younger that are interested in showing poultry. To enter the child must submit an essay relating to the following topic “Why My Poultry Project is Important to Me.” The winner will receive a donated purebred pairs or trios. To pre-register or to get more information about the ENYSRPSS or the Poultry Scholarship Contes please contact event coordinator Erika Marczak at (518) 441-9870 or [email protected].

2. flagday76

flagday76 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    Carthage NY
    This sounds great! I will pass the word to our 4-H club. Too bad I didn't know about this sooner...our next 4-H meeting is not until the 18th, and the newsletter already went out. My daughter is 10 yrs...do you think this would be too much for her age group? I am interested in finding out more info. Any website?

3. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I just found that info on the Cornell Cooperative Extension website-I preregistered all 3 of my children - 11, 9 and 6. Sounds like fun! That seems to be all the info I could find, if anyone can find out more - let us now! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by