Easy cleaning

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickschool, Sep 25, 2011.

1. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    I don't know if anyone else does this but I found and easier way to clean out our rabbit hutch. My daughter got two beautiful baby bunnies and all I could think about was how I was going to get her to clean the dropping pan without complaining. We talked a lot about how it was her responsibility...blah, blah, blah but lets face it...we know at some point it's going to become an issue. Then as I was walking down an isle at the local pet store I pasted the puppy "training pads" and a thought occurred to me...if all she had to do was simply grab four corners, lift and toss it might never become an issue. I got 50 pads on sale for $12 and I'm happy to report that it has been working like a charm. Not only is it really easy to clean but it has kept the dropping pan free from dried, crusted on yucky stuff.

Just thought I'd share. [​IMG]

2. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    You can get the ones designed for humans at the drugstore, or walmart, by the adult undergarments. The pet ones are scented with a slight ammonia smell, which might get worse when wet. The human ones are also cheaper.

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Anything that eases cleaning chores is always a welcome thing! Also, the no brand garbage bags are very inexpensive and most trays will slide right into them (and only cost a few pennies each). I use them for big litter pan liners. When ready to clean, just turn the bag inside out on itself. Very handy.

4. chickschool

chickschool Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Traverse City, MI
    Thanks for the heads up about the puppy pads and garbage bag idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by