easy egg drop soup

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Sequin, May 13, 2009.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Maybe some of you already know about this, but my family LOVES this soup, and it is SOOO easy on time and budget

2 packets Lipton noodle soup(we like extra noodle)
    3 - 5 good sized eggs

Make soup according to directions but bring to a rolling boil. While waiting for soup to boil beat eggs as you would for scrambled eggs. Once soup is at a rolling boil slowly add beaten eggs while stirring soup with a fork or whisk. Allow soup and egg mixture to return to boil, then bring the heat down to a low simmer until soup liquid is clear(it gets a little foggy when you first add the eggs). Serve and enjoy!!!

Makes 4 good sized servings

2. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Cool Thanks.

3. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Any idea how to make those awesome noodles the Chinese restaurants serve with egg drop soup? Or even a place where I could buy them.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely be trying it!!

4. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I worked in a Chinese restaurant in college. The fried noodles are just pieces of eggroll wrappers, sliced crossways and fried in oil. If I am going to heat up some oil, I take a couple extra minutes & make crab rangoon. The stuffing is fake crab, cream cheese, soy sauce, pepper and minced green onion. Yum!

5. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Thanks! I'll have to try both as soon as dh and I are off this crazy diet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by