Easy homemade egg turners?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pefferlawchicken, Jan 23, 2010.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    anyone have easy homemade egg turns or a quick way to turn the eggs instead of turning each one by hand??

Show me your pics [​IMG]

2. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Glue half wheels on a dowel, place an egg carton with the eggs on the wheels, as you turn the dowel the carton should rise and lower. You will need drill a hole in the bator and glue the half wheels on after you pass the dowel though the first hole.

3. chickluver:D

chickluver:D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2010
    maryland
    [​IMG]

4. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    can i see a pictue of that i dont quite undersdtand what you mean

5. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Got a picture of that? I gave up on making a turner and asked santa for one and got one. But am interested in how this works and what I did wrong.

6. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    yes i would like to see how to make a turner?....

7. panner123

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    This is one site I am unable to post photos on. But as soon as I can get the snow shoveled to by storage barn, I will take a photo an e0mail to those that want it. It is simple to make, take a wooden dowel, drill a hole in the side of your bator, place the dowel in the hole, cut the wheels in half, glue them onto the dowel, drill a hole on the other side of the bator and push the dowel though. Then as you turn the dowel the wheels will either come up or go down with the egg carton setting on it.
    Makes the carton rock back and forth.
    Just remember to measure the height of the wheels so you know how high to drill the holes.

8. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    yea if you could email me those pics it would be great [​IMG]

9. panner123

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Anyone wanting a pic of a home made turner, check out the one that birdbrain has on his or her web page. Much better than the one I made. I saw it on the post about Alaska incubation tips please. Hope this helps, I know it will be faster than me digging out the snow to the barn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by