Easy Mistake to Make!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cyberchick, Aug 3, 2010.

1. cyberchick

cyberchick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Wirral UK
    My husband put the windows into my coop. Made a slight error when fitting and realised he had one of the door upside down!
    Easy mistake to make. It could go down as modern art, what do you think? Need to get more wood to repair it and put the window in the correct place. Things are never as easy as you think [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. itsachicken

itsachicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    St. Louis
    Looks like the window is at about the right height for the chickens to look through! I don't know how the door is put together, but can't you just move the handle and hinges to opposite sides? If you decide the chickens don't need a view from that level, that is.

3. lynxs1981

lynxs1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Just look at it as better ventilation. Hot air goes out the top one and pulls cool air into the bottom one. [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

What's wrong with where they are now? If anything, it would be better ventilation if they do open. Hot air out the top cool air in the bottom.

5. txliss

txliss Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2008
    It looks good anyway - I'd leave it be! [​IMG] Unlike the jammies I made for my daughter...I cut out the back upside down and didn't realize it until too late - discontinued fabric, too, so nowhere to find extra.[​IMG]

Cool set up, by the way![​IMG]

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Kinda have to agree with lynxs and silkiechicken, better ventilation. Could be a fortuitous mistake. I wouldn't change it. [​IMG]

7. cyberchick

cyberchick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2010
    Wirral UK
    The doors fasten with a half lap, and as my hubby pointed out to me when I suggested switching the doors, "the T&G would not line up". [​IMG] Perfectionist.

8. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    keep there and you can see them on the fllor and get better air flow

9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I think it works fabulously! Leave it be... it looks good and seems to be helpful/useful where it is. [​IMG]

10. itsachicken

itsachicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    St. Louis
    Quote:Ah, I completely understand! In that case, call it better ventilation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by