Easy Peasy!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Theda's Mom, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Theda's Mom

Theda's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Moscow TN
    I posted the other day about preparing to bring my girls (and their stubby suitor, Chuck) from NH to west TN. Well, we loaded up Sunday morning, and 1300 miles and 22 hours later, arrived in TN with nary a feather ruffled, one fresh egg, and six content chickens. In fact, Chuckie was so content, that he "woke" us up before dawn with some exuberant crowing from the back of the truck. What a goof.

Within three hours of settling into their new digs, the girls gave us another three eggs, and I picked up two this morning. So much me being worried about the trip! Chickens are lovely travelers. Or maybe they were just delighted at produce that came along with their adventure! [​IMG] Silly things: in 22 hours, the six of them demolished a selection of apples, pears, melons, grapes, fresh corn-in-the-ear, lettuce, and as an arrival treat, an entire watermelon.

I won't hesitate a moment to take my chickies on another road trip. They're as delightful on the highway as they are in the yard!

2. bhazell123

bhazell123 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Welsh La
    [​IMG] thats awesome yall must of kept them very happy [​IMG]

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Really cool! Nice story [​IMG]

4. Theda's Mom

Theda's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Moscow TN
    Oh trust me, bhazell123, these are six spoiled chickens! [​IMG] We've spent the last two days doing some last minute work on their coop - including building a new door, switching it from hinges to overhead sliders, and securing a large run area with lots of chicken wire. Through all this too, the hens keep on popping out eggs for our suppers, lunches, breakfasts, etc. I love my girls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by