eat eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_jayne, Aug 11, 2008.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
  2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I like eggs on my bagel [​IMG]
    I wonder why it says just adults.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I like Ben and Jerry's ice cream - even on a bagel, ticks, but no egg please. How far away from B&J are you?? [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:they only did the study on adults. maybe they will do one for obese children. that would be a good help to many.

i like eggs on a bagel too! guess we could do our own study...maybe we'll lose weight if we eat more eggs on the bagel![​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I never read that about cooking a scrambled egg in a mug in the microwave. Might have to give that a try...

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:when microwave cooking became the big thing in the 80's, we used to make scrambled eggs in a bowl all the time. they are not nearly as yummy as made on the stove, but it is super fast and easy to clean up.

happy scramblin'![​IMG]

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I almost bought a microwave poached egg cooker this weekend. We love making poached eggs on the stove but I just couldn't see that they be any good microwaved.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    maybe a little rubbery...

i cannot wait till my banties start laying again...maybe the egg diet will work for me!

9. BettyR

BettyR Songster

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:Probably because they assume that it's the adults that need to loose weight.

I cook 4 fried eggs and 4 pieces of toast for breakfast every morning. I eat the egg whites and just a smidgen of the yolk that happens to get on my bread and 2 pieces of the toast. I feed the other two pieces of toast along with the yolks to my two dogs.

For some reason I can’t seem to digest egg yolk...I love the stuff but it causes me serious intestinal distress. So I get a little taste of it...just enough to satisfy and the dogs get the rest.

Edited to add:

I forgot to add that I've lost almost 20 pounds since July 4th...I have my eggs for breakfast, fruit for lunch and then a pretty normal supper but I just try to watch my portions. I then allow myself to have a snack of fruit before bed time. Has worked for me

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Go Betty! eat those eggs, girl! and i am sure your dogs have nice shiny coats!

good for you and congrats...loosing weight is hard no matter how little/many pounds! sounds sensible to me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by