EAT MORE SKUNK!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the1much, Dec 8, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

well,, ya all know our "house rules", if ya trespass here, you will be violated/ or eaten,, or both.
    well that worked good,, till the other night,,,, WOWZ, the girls REALLY wanted to eat the skunk i caught,, hahahha,, SO,, we cooked up some PORK CHOPS,, lol,, told the girls it was the skunk. all was funny till bout 10 minutes ago when my 6 year old told me that her teacher made her go tell another teacher all the things she has eaten,,, hahhahahaha [​IMG] [​IMG]
    oh,, guess i forgot to tewll the girls it wasnt really skunk,, hehe,, so we'll be expecting child protective services here tomorrow [​IMG] [​IMG]

im thinking of sending her to school tomorrow with a piece of steak,, to give to her teacher [​IMG]

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    courtesy of Cooks.com...sounds, um, odoriferous!

ROAST SKUNK

1 skunk, scent bag removed
    2 sliced carrots
    1 c. clear soup
    1 tsp. onion juice

Dissolve 1 bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water. Skin, clean, and remove scent bag from skunk. Parboil in salted water 15 minutes. Drain off water. Then place meat in fresh water and steam until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer to roasting pan and put in oven at 375 degrees. Add 1 cup of clear soup, 2 sliced carrots and 1 teaspoon of onion juice and cook uncovered for 2 hours.

3. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    are you serious or kidding around?.. (sometimes i cant tell with you hippie...LOL.).i hope you are kidding and the school isnt really sending CPS out to you!..[​IMG]...

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Rest of the recipe should be: "Follow up with a breath mint and a day off work."

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:Rest of the recipe should be: "Follow up with a breath mint and a day off work."

i think it should come with the recommended dosage of heart burn meds too! i almost gagged when i saw 'onion juice'. WHAT!?!?!?[​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Jim,
    You are too funny! My great grandaddy ate skunk, possum, armadillo, snake, pretty much anything they could catch, he was in his late 80's when he died, must be something to eating that way!

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    you will be violated

Remind me not to trespass [​IMG]

9. Solace

Solace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    I watched Bear Gryls eat one. He said it tasted like you rolled a steak in dog poo...

Sorta reminds me of my granny's 'possum' recipe.

1 - 20" 2x10 UNTREATED pine board

1 - Possum that's been fed buttermilk and bread for a week.

2lbs real salted butter

1 - clove of garlic

1TSP Salt

1TSP Ground Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spread the 2lbs of butter liberally across the 2x10 UNTREATED pine board. Sprinkle the minced garlic across the buttered board. Gently spread the possum across the board open chest down. Salt/Pepper Possum. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Do a fork test on the possum to verify it's done. Scrape possum off into the trash can then eat the 2x10 UNTREATED pine board.

10. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    You are so crazy Jim!![​IMG] I have enough trouble getting my 4 yr old to eat store bought chicken, nevermind skunk!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by