Eat Sleep and Poo

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by skeeter, Dec 7, 2007.

1. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    Is that all these babies do is eat sleep and poo?how can something so small eat so much,I know they grow fast but its so strange to see it day by day you can just see them growing ,what an experince,so glad i found this site,and special thanks to Miss Prissy and Speckled Hen,
    Thanks from my family to Yours
    Merry Chirstmas

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    For a minute I thought you were talking about human babies. Same kind of deal though....hey come to think about it, that describes teenagers as well! [​IMG]

3. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Eat, sleep and poo? Mine does that, too. They eat, then poo. They will eat again because it looks like they want to poo more. When they're tired of eating, they sleep. My chicks are cornishes; breeds that are specialized for their meat of "meat birds". Meat birds are eating and pooping machines. They will eat and poop and no one can stop them. They can empty a full feeder in less than 20 hours. They can dirty fresh shavings too much for a day. If your chicks are cornishes, then you will experience this, too. It's normal. Cornishes often have a short lifespan because of heart diseases. Yes, they grow very fast. Everyday you will notice new feathers growing all over them. If you compare a 5 month old cornish with another breed of the same age, you can easily notice how monster-sized the cornish is. Once they're big enough, they will scratch and dig all parts of their place and even your garden, leaving no living plants in their wake.

Good luck with the chicks [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    no i dont have cornish,but they still eat alot,lol yeah kinda reminds me of my teenager too,their rooms look alot alike

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by