Eating ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1stepcloser, Oct 18, 2009.

1. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    Um....so what do they taste like? Chicken? [​IMG] My drake refuses to eat slugs which was the whole reason I agreed to take his pitiful self in. The biggest problem is he is getting nasty aggressive...chases/attacks everyone who sets foot in the backyard. I am not going to have our entire world turned upside down by one duck with a Napoleonic complex. I have an ad listed for him on Craigslist but I am just weighing my options.

2. Le Canard de Barbarie

Le Canard de Barbarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    What is the age, weight and breed of the duck?

3. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    About a year. Male. Muscovy. Around 8 lbs...?

4. Quote:Oh boy! That guy's toast!! [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Oh boy! That guy's toast!! [​IMG]

Yeah I would have to agree. And yes they taste like chicken, but they are all dark meat, more fat. YUMMERS!

6. Le Canard de Barbarie

Le Canard de Barbarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009

LOL. Okay, a muscovy will taste quite a bit like roast beef. At least it does to me and a few others I know. He might be a little on the tough side if you decide not to slow cook him.

I once got some muscovy drakes from a lady who told me they would eat bugs. Well, the females do. The males just sit around and wait for me to feed them. Useless...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC

LOL. Okay, a muscovy will taste quite a bit like roast beef. At least it does to me and a few others I know. He might be a little on the tough side if you decide not to slow cook him.

I once got some muscovy drakes from a lady who told me they would eat bugs. Well, the females do. The males just sit around and wait for me to feed them. Useless...

Don't you mean the males just sit around waiting to feed you? LOL~gd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by