Eating eggs after using Wazine 17?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nbenevento, Jul 6, 2013.

1. nbenevento

nbenevento Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    Is there a wait to eat the eggs after giving your flock Wazine 17? I'm not eating the chicken, just the eggs. Thanks!

2. chicken girl 3

chicken girl 3 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2013
    Spotsylvania,Va
    The vet told me one week before you could eat the eggs:)

3. nbenevento

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    Thanks. I wonder what would happen if I eat them anyway. I might actually test it. I can't find anything anywhere that says what would happen.

4. Chickety Charcoal

Chickety Charcoal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Westchester County, NY
    Does the label mention anything?

I understood that there was a 2-week wait until eggs were safe to eat.

5. nbenevento

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    I have been reading everything I can find from all over the Internet. I have found a million different opinions. I read no waiting period at all, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 28 days, never eat their eggs again, don't hatch any and no problem with hatching them. The only thing I NEVER found anywhere is what happens if you DO eat the eggs. I also found that no official scientific study hs ever been done on it. So, I will do my own study and continue to eat them. If you guys are interested, I will post the results, provided I am still alive to do so!

1 person likes this.
  6. Chickety Charcoal

Chickety Charcoal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Westchester County, NY
    Quote: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ha! I do hope you will be alive after your scientific studies. I would definitely be interested in your findings. [/FONT]

7. nbenevento

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    Here is he update...I'm alive! I have not noticed any difference, illness or side effect. Cancerous rumors are probably forming in my stomach or something but I haven't noticed yet.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    I know people that eat them after worming, Not recommending either way, but just an FYI.

Here is a list of Meds used to treat Human parasite infections, most that are used for chickens are also used.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/216236-medications-to-treat-human-worms/

Do the followup worming 10 days later.

I would also look into treating with something other than Wazine, it will only address the roundworm and will not kill the others.

Valbezan, Safeguard, Zimectrin Gold Are all good ones.

9. kutra

kutra New Egg

Nov 15, 2013
    The active ingredient in Warize is Piperazine which is used in humans to treat round worm although the human drug is going to be manufactured in better facilities and cost a lot more. Here is a list of side effects:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR601121/DSECTION=side-effects
    Studies on the amount that get into the eggs have been done in Europe:
    http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB...sidue_Limits_-_Report/2009/11/WC500015676.pdf

So it seems that you would get some Piperazine if you eat the eggs but it is within the European standards (20% of their allowable daily intake). After a week the amount in the eggs would be minimal and after two weeks only a trace would be left.

For anyone doing tests on themselves ingesting substances you need to be concerned about your liver as it is what filters out the toxins and can be destroyed by some compounds.

2 people like this.
  10. Dee Dee 2

Dee Dee 2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2012
    Tomball, Tx.
    I have NOT stopped eating the eggs after using Wazine. [​IMG] NO health effects and I don't have worms. [​IMG] just me ~ decide what is best for you. [​IMG] HOWEVER (coma) some other wormers may be a different consideration. i.e. Benzamidazole

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by