Eating eggs from sick chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tylerb, Nov 11, 2013.

1. tylerb

tylerb New Egg

Nov 11, 2013
    I have a chicken that I believe is developing bumblefoot. I know this is caused by a bacterial infection. I was wondering if this would effect her eggs?

2. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    It shouldn't effect her eggs the infection is external not internal.So her eggs are completely fine to eat :)

3. tylerb

tylerb New Egg

Nov 11, 2013
    Thanks, that was my thought but the family was worried,,, but I think more about the hen though

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that its fine to eat the eggs, as long as you aren't treating her with any antibiotics.

5. JacquelineL

JacquelineL New Egg

Dec 13, 2015
    First time Chicken family: How can you be sure its bumble foot? My one chicken go lame both feet and never saw any bump on the bottom of her feet. she is still having a hard time walking but goes up and down the stairs. another chicken is limping, a small bump, no pus expressed out when I tried to aspirate it.?? Any clues to help me. the first chick I think was recently "pecked" by others she developed a sore under one or her wings. I used the antibiotic spray. She is still laying eggs any problem with the eggs? The appear fine when opening ond no odor.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by