Eating infertile eggs in the incubator?

marymary

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
I am incubating for the first time, and after 7 days, the eggs were completely clear. I don't think my rooster is getting busy yet. I have seen him jump on a few hens, but I don't seem to be getting fertile eggs yet.

So, do you think these eggs are safe to eat, or should I trash them. I fed one to my dog yesterday, and he is fine. There was no smell when I cracked it. I hate to waste them if they are okay.

Personally, I would not eat them myself. I do give them to my dog and cats as it is an excellent source of protein. I don't think it's worth the chanace of getting ill. Someone else might know otherwise.

I won't eat them either.....It's not really hot enough to kill all of bacteria.(Bacteria can grow inside of eggs with this temp.) And it's not cold to keep the eggs fresh either. You don't want to take any chance. I usually open them up & check what's going on inside. And toss them. Noriko.

i put all my bad eggs in a line across the road,, wait to see how many cars miss em before splatto
big_smile.png

If they had been fertile you wouldn't have eaten them, so you aren't really losing anything by tossing them. I wouldn't even consider eating (or feeding to anything alive) eggs that had been sitting in an enclosed, warm, moist environment for 7 days.
sickbyc.gif
That is what the garbage disposal is for.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom