Eating mailed quail eggs?

AndreaGS

Songster
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
West Sacramento, CA
Ok, so I got my quail eggs today. The seller sent 12 extra, none are broken (she packed them super-well!). That's 12 more than will fit into my incubator.

Sooo...what to do with them? Can I eat them?
big_smile.png

put them on craigslist, or double stack in the bator... then when candling replace the holes with the extras... ive done that as well...

Last edited:
You should be able to eat them! If they aren't good for eating, they aren't good for setting!

But you could do the double stacking thing, so you can make sure you have more hatch. But that's only if your bator has a fan.
smile.png

My 'bator has a fan, but there simply wasn't enough room in there. I have them in paper cartons, attached to a pvc frame for rotating. If I'd tried to stack them, they would have fallen out. Too bad.

So we ate them.

deviledeggs.jpg

big_smile.png

yum, love deviled eggs! My trick to get neat and tidy 'filling' is to mix up the yokes/mayo/etc. until smooth, then put in a plastic baggie - then cut the corner off the baggie and you can 'pip' the filling into the whites
smile.png

I pickled the extras that I didn't want to hatch from my shipment of quail eggs - I'm getting more next week and I'll set them all this time and wait for my own birds to start laying to eat the eggs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom