Eating Out of My Hand

jnntefend

Songster
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
East Texas
Hi there, everyone. Not a very useful post, but I just wanted to celebrate that my little peeps came up and ate out of my hand for the first time today. It was alot of fun.

Hi there, everyone. Not a very useful post, but I just wanted to celebrate that my little peeps came up and ate out of my hand for the first time today. It was alot of fun.

It is a lot of fun. Do they try to get the food that is falling inbetween your fingers? Mine like to jump into my hands and then start eating, stepping on the food in the process. How old are your little one?

It is a lot of fun. Do they try to get the food that is falling inbetween your fingers? Mine like to jump into my hands and then start eating, stepping on the food in the process. How old are your little one?
They do try to catch the little falling bits, and they pinch my skin a little, but it is worth it. They are about four weeks old

Oh congratulations! My chicks are about 2.5 weeks and I love getting them to feed from my fingers. I give them their treats this way and try to get the "shy" two to take from me hand. I still have one that won't come over but the rest will.

Here are my chicks eating from my hand today. Not sure how old mine are exactly, got then from TSC on the 6th.
So probably 2 - 3 weeks old. A couple of them looked older than the others.
Mine also like to hop up on the edge of the tub whenever I take the screen off.

Here are my chicks eating from my hand today. Not sure how old mine are exactly, got then from TSC on the 6th.
So probably 2 - 3 weeks old. A couple of them looked older than the others.
Mine also like to hop up on the edge of the tub whenever I take the screen off.

Cute!

Back
Top Bottom