ebay 6 eggs...$224.74 current bid

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RockyToggRanch, Jan 1, 2009.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I'm amazed at what these maran eggs are going for. 6 eggs in the mail, $225. ??? Makes me wish I'd started some marans. That must be a very high quality line.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I know this person has good birds, but no eggs, especially shipped eggs would be worth that much to me. If you're willing to spend that much money, why not go with a started pair or trio....at least then you've got some live birds already.

3. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Quote:My thoughts exactly. Can't imagine spending that on eggs that might or might not hatch. Buy some birds already!

Paula:)

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, no matter how much the birds are worth, spending that kind of money of shipped eggs is way too big a risk. UNLESS the person was willing to guarantee they would continue sending you eggs if you got a zero % hatch rate. However, I would at least want a guarantee of a male/female pair for that price!

5. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Insanity I say.

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I am selling for $50 for twelve and keeping a waiting list....

They are an excellent line .....I just got my first egg yesterday....A few more weeks and I'll be hatching and shipping

Here's the "premier" - it will be bigger as the eggs come on in - but love the color!

[​IMG]

Let me know if anyone wants to be added.

and HAPPY New Year!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  7. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    It's deja vu all over again. The sellers reputation is the driving force behind these incredible auctions. These same eggs will sell for 50 bucks or less, a year from now, after the floodgates of new CPM breeders open this spring. The competition of hundreds of breeders all trying to cash in at the same time will drive CPM eggs prices down to their ACTUAL value.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Very true!!

9. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    It astounds me too, but like they say: They are worth whatever you can get some sucker to pay for them. Nobody is twisting their arms to bid that high, so they take their chances, and the seller will be laughing all the way to the bank. If it were me, just when the chicks got old enough to lay, the egg prices would take a nose dive...LOL No Marans for me!!

10. ddeans

ddeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    We went over this in another thread about a week ago. Seems to be going price for her eggs, and I too would never spend that mucj on shipped eggs. If non hatched it would be very depressing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by